If you’ve been thinking about investing in a direct drive turntable then it is important that you choose a model which will provide you with the premium audio quality that you need. Direct drive turntables are popular thanks to their consistent speed and stronger torque, and this means that they are generally more reliable options for people to consider. However, not all direct drive turntables are created equal – and that is why we have come up with our list of the top 5 direct drive turntables to help you find the right choice of turntable for your needs.
Top 5 Direct Drive Turntables
Pioneer PLX-500-K Black
- Headshell with Cartridge and Stylus
- Turntable with Direct-drive Motor
- USB Output - Black
This model from Pioneer is a good choice of turntable if you’re looking for a top quality audio. Designed to provide a great listening experience for the user, this model features the same sound features as those seen in the more premium PLX-100 model which helps to ensure that all audio is crisp, clear and high quality. The model is great for scratching and mixing records and its simple but effective aesthetic make it a highly popular choice for many people to consider.
The model comes in two different colors – black and white – and features a die cast aluminum platter of diameter 332 mm for optimal sound quality and record protection. It can also run at three speeds of 33 1/3, 45 and 78 rpm.
It is priced at just under $350 and, with 4.5 out of 5 star reviews on Amazon from over 115 past customers, this could absolutely be a good model for you to consider.
Reloop RP-2000 MK2 Professional Direct Drive USB Turntable System
- Quartz-driven DJ turntable with direct drive motor and built-in phono pre-amp
- Usb Audio output for direct and easy digitization of records
- Redesigned metal top panel, tactile buttons and reinforced housing construction
- Precision pitch With selectable ranges of +/-8 %; precise motor control with 2 speeds selectable (33 1/3 & 45 RPM)
- Precision-engineered, die-cast aluminum platter with stable rotation; statically balanced S-shaped tone arm with hydraulic lift and anti-skate
Priced at just under $300 and with an average Amazon rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars, this unique model of direct drive turntable from Reloop could be just what you’ve been looking for from your turntable system.
The model uses a quartz driven DJ turntable to help ensure the optimal sound quality that buyers hope for and can run at two different, selectable speeds of 33 1/3 and 45 rpm, which further helps to create the top quality audio that people expect from their turntables. Furthermore, in addition to this, it uses a precision engineered, die cast aluminum platter to help provide top quality audio. The S shaped tonearm further provides support for the system and prevents damage from occurring to your records as well, which is a further bonus of this model.
The model is designed in a simple color scheme of black and silver and is the 10th most popular DJ Direct Drive Turntable based on the Amazon Best Sellers rank. Past customers note the model’s reliability, impressive functionality and suitability in particular for mixing great sounding tracks and music.
Crosley C2200 Direct Drive Turntable with S Shaped Tonearm
- Direct drive, high-torque motor turntable mechanism plays 2 Speeds - 33 1/3 And 45 RPM records; Fully manual operation with start / stop control
- Balanced S-shaped tone arm with hydraulic lift control, anti-skate, height adjustment, and lockable rest
- Turntable includes built-in switchable phono pre-amplifier with detachable RCA output cables
- Damped die-cast aluminum platter with felt slip mat
- System includes two 2-way powered Bluetooth speakers; Auxiliary input for turntable or other device
For a top quality audio experience, it’s imperative that you invest in the best turntable you can afford – and at just under $190 (discounted from $280) this model from Crosley could be a good option for balancing audio quality with affordability. A model which comes with Bluetooth speakers is also available, although this will add some extra to the price tag for the system.
This model runs at two different speeds – 33 1/3 and 45 rpm – and features a balanced S shaped tonearm for premium audio quality during playback. Moreover, the system has achieved a generous 4.5 out of 5 stars rating from 200 past customers on Amazon, making it a popular choice for you to consider.
Fluance RT80 Classic High Fidelity Vinyl Turntable Record Player
- Premium components allow this high fidelity belt driven turntable to produce a pure analog listening experience that recreates the performance the way the artist intended
- High performance Audio Technica cartridge produces outstanding clarity. The diamond tipped stylus is designed to track your record grooves with precision & accuracy for high definition audio
- Perfect playback using the balanced aluminum S-Type tonearm ensures the stylus is rested deep in your record's groove, producing every audio detail indistinguishable from the original recording
- Each turntable is beautifully crafted with thick, engineered wood, incorporating isolation feet & an aluminum platter which results in superior isolation from unwanted vibrations
- Captivating signal clarity is produced with a high quality Texas Instruments preamp, ground terminal and gold plated RCA line outputs that ensures warm, true sound
Priced at just shy of $200, this is a moderately priced turntable that is highly popular on the Amazon store, ranking as Amazon’s Choice for all of the Fluance models as well. The model has achieved an average rating from past customers of 4.6 out of 5 stars from over 300 past customers with customers talking about the great audio quality and easy to set up nature of the turntable.
This model is great for anyone looking for a sleek and well designed turntable that offers premium quality audio, and the makers of the model have kept this in mind; the wood cabinet is designed to help absorb vibrations so that they don’t interfere with the quality of audio meanwhile the sound isolation feet and aluminum platter further help to minimize disruption of the audio quality. It has a playback speed of 33 1/3 and 45 rpm.
Audio Technica AT-LP120XUSB-BK Direct Drive Turntable
- Experience the high-fidelity audio of vinyl
- Direct-drive, DC servo motor with selectable 33/45/78 RPM speeds. Damped base construction for reduced low-frequency feedback coloration
- Fully manual operation featuring adjustable dynamic anti-skate control, variable pitch control with quartz speed lock, and balanced S-shaped tonearm with hydraulically damped lift control and lockable rest
- Convert your vinyl records to digital audio files by downloading and using the free Mac- and PC-compatible Audacity recording software (or software of your choice)
- Includes: USB cable, detachable RCA output cable (dual RCA male to dual RCA male), AC adapter, 45 RPM adapter, counterweight, felt mat, and removable hinged dust cover
When it comes to top quality turntables for affordable prices, there are few brands which are better known and better respected than Audio Technica – and this model of direct drive turntable could thus be a brilliant option for you to consider. It is Amazon’s Choice for direct drive turntables and comes in both wired and wireless forms. The model has achieved a very high rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars from over 2000 past Amazon customers, with reviews speaking about the impressive sound quality that the turntable is able to produce.
The model comes in two different colors – black and silver – and is designed with numerous features which make it a great choice of turntable for people looking to try their hand at playing their vinyl records. The turntable uses a balanced S shaped tone arm and numerous playback controls which help to ensure premium sound quality, with the model also boasting of pitch control capabilities.
This model is ranked at 4th in the Amazon Best Sellers List for the best Audio and Video turntables, making it an option that you should absolutely consider if you’re serious about top quality vinyl audio!
If you’ve been looking for the perfect direct drive turntable then it is important that you choose a good model for your needs. Different turntables offer different pros and cons and it is important that you find a model that is not only within your budget but which will also offer you with the design, features and audio quality that you need.