When it comes to choosing the ideal entry level turntable for your needs, it is important that you pick a model that will provide you with everything that you need – without being too complicated to use or too expensive, as you may want to replace the model with a more expensive and higher quality one in the future. With this in mind, we have looked through the listings to find the best entry level turntables for beginners that you might want to try so that you can choose a model that meets your needs perfectly, balancing great quality audio with enough simplicity so as not to confuse.
Top 5 Entry Level Turntables
Bluetooth Vinyl Record Player with Powerful External Speakers
- 2 Speed Belt-Drive Turntable: Belt-driven system,2-speed turntable with durable diamond needle and stable platter plays your favorite 33⅓1/3, 45 RPM vinyl records and albums
- Dual Turntable Speakers with Amplifier: Effortlessly connect the turntable player to the active powered loud speakers (2x25W) via the dedicated audio cable and enjoy the full range sound at ease
- Wireless Bluetooth Turntable: Built-in Bluetooth receiver,which enables you wirelessly play your digital music from your smartphone,tablet and other Bluetooth enabled device
- RCA Output Option: RCA audio output jacks allows you to connect this turntable to your own bigger external amplifier or other surround sound speaker
- WORRY-FREE WARRANTY: Lifetime technology-support with 30-day money-back guarantee for any reason, and extra 30 days quality warranty for freely returning and exchanging new replacement.
If you’re looking to get into top quality audio but, for the time being, want a turntable that can provide you with great sound quality without having too many complex features, this model could be the one for you. Priced at $110 and with an average rating on Amazon of 3.8 out of 5 stars, the model is a high quality option that provides premium sound without excessive features. It also boasts a stable belt drive system and an auto stop function to help ensure that you are making the most of its features, and it’s designed specifically for user friendliness too – making it a great option for new vinyl music enthusiasts.
Pro-Ject Debut Carbon DC Turntable with Ortofon 2M Red Cartridge
- 8.6" carbon tonearm
- Increased platter size with more weight
- Precision belt drive with synchronous motor
- New Sorbothane motor suspension
- Ortofon 2M Red cartridge
Choosing a great turntable can often seem difficult, but this model could be a great option if you’re looking for an entry level turntable to start with. Priced at just shy of $400, it is one of the pricier options of turntables on our list, but with such great potential for a new vinyl user, it is definitely a good contender if you have a little more cash to spend on getting that perfect new turntable. This model also comes in three different colors – gloss white, piano black, and walnut – and is simplistic but without compromising on style.
The model runs at 33 1/3 rpm, although there is a manual speed change option also available for users to make usre of. The platter is 300mm in diameter and features a felt mat to help protect your vinyl during use. Furthermore, the model uses a simplistic carbon tonearm so that you don’t need to worry too much about overly excessive features that might make things a little more confusing.
The model has achieved an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars on Amazon from over 450 past customers, making it potentially a good option for you to consider while looking for your first entry level turntable.
DIGITNOW Bluetooth Record Player with Stereo Speakers
- CD player and recorder: Convenient CD changer for recording and playing with one press
- Bluetooth Connection: Playing music from external wireless device, such as mobile phone, laptop and other bluetooth device
- Twin detachable speakers: Clear and lound sound; no noise, simply playback and listen to your records
- Vinyl to MP3 Recording: Recording vinyl records directly to digital format in USB/SD card. Backup old vinyl in your PC or laptop
- More Function: 33 , 45, 78 RPM selectable (included 45-RPM adapter) playing, AUX in,LCD Screen backlight,With CD player and Cassette deck,And with AM/FM radio, you could listen the channel you like
When it comes to investing in a top quality entry level turntable, you probably don’t want to be breaking the bank – after all, at some point you’ll probably want to upgrade your turntable to one which offers more features. However, as far as turntables go, this model from DIGITNOW really does offer a great deal of value for money but is simplistic enough so as not to cause any difficulty for new turntable users too. The model is priced at $90 usually, although is further discounted down to just under $60 at the time of writing, making it hugely affordable as an entry level turntable.
The real beauty of this model of turntable tis that it does more than just play your vinyl records, but also offers a cassette player for traditional music playing too. The vinyl record player itself runs at three different speeds – 33 1/3, 45 and 78 rpm – and uses a Bluetooth connection to allow you to make the most of the model.
This turntable from DIGITNOW has achieved an average rating of 3.9 out of 5 stars on Amazon from over 660 past customers and is ranked as the 22nd most popular products in the Amazon Best Sellers Rank for audio and video turntables.
Audio Technica AT-LP60XBT-BK Fully Automatic Wireless Belt Drive Turntable
- Bundle Includes: Audio-Technica AT-LP60XBT Bluetooth Fully Automatic Stereo Turntable (Black) and Pro1BT Professional Bookshelf Active Powered Monitor Speaker Pair
- Dual Magnet Cartridge: The Audio-Technica AT-LP60XBT has a Dual Magnet cartridge with a replaceable diamond stylus. The cartridge is integrated into the headshell for assured performance and ease of setup
- Sleek Design: This stereo turntable was designed to fit your digital lifestyle. It is combining the classic sound of vinyl with a sleek and stylish modern design. A newly designed arm base and headshell mean the unique style of the AT-LP60XBT is bringing vinyl into the 21st century
- Wireless Connectivity: With the AT-LP60XBT you can wirelessly connect with your favorite speakers, headphones, or other wireless devices. With its CSR BT chipset, the turntable is even able to connect to devices that support the aptX codec, which offers much-improved sound quality over the standard SBC codec
- Operates Like a Regular Turntable: The AT-LP60XBT can be operated just like a regular turntable with a traditional wired connection. Whether you go wired or wireless you'll get outstanding audio with the ease of automatic operation
When it comes to entry level turntables, the Audio Technica AT-LP60XBT is a great choice for many people to consider. The model is simple in its design with no overly bright or exaggerated features and so makes a good option for people looking to get into the world of vinyl record playing. The model comes in two colors – black and red – and is priced just under $150, making it an affordable option as well.
It offers wireless connections and is fully automatic, running at two speeds of 33 1/3 and 45rpm. With over 1250 reviews and achieving an average of 4.6 out of 5 stars on Amazon, it’s safe to say that this is one of the best entry level models of turntable that you will find.
Victrola Vintage Bluetooth Portable Suitcase Record Player
- Three-speed Turntable (33 1/3, 45, 78 RPM) plays all of your vinyl records and favorite Albums
- TAKE YOUR TUNES ANYWHERE - Housed in a vintage suitcase with an easy carry handle, Victrola's blend of retro and contemporary design gives you the ultimate flexibility to listen to music where you want and how you want – a great choice for vinyl lovers
- EXPANDED CONNECTION OPTIONS - Stream smartphone audio through the turntable’s built-in Bluetooth speakers. Easily connect external speakers via the stereo RCA outputs or use the Line input for non-Bluetooth devices like a CD player. For personal listening, connect your headphones to the headphone jack
- NO STEREO SYSTEM OR EXTRA EQUIPMENT REQUIRED. Get it up and running in minutes. Retro looks combined with the convenience of modern technology makes this affordable record player ideal for beginners & vintage enthusiasts
- ALL THE CONTROLS YOU NEED - Features an Input select knob, Power/Volume Knob & an Auto stop switch that stops spinning records once the record is finished playing
Boasting of being not only a high quality turntable but also portable, this model from Victrola is a great option for people looking to get into vinyl record playing thanks to its high quality sound for an incredibly affordable price – the turntable itself is priced at just over $60, and with over 6000 past ratings on Amazon giving an average of 4.4 out of 5 stars, it is safe to see why this is one of the best turntables you will find.
It is particularly noteworthy for its portability and durability, but the impressive price further goes in this model’s favor for entry level vinyl players. The turntable can also run at three speeds: 33 1/3, 45 and 78 rpm, making it suitable for all types of vinyl records.
Finding the right turntable for your needs as an entry level turntable user can be difficult, but we’vep put the time and energy into finding the best models for new vinyl enthusiasts so as to allow you to get the most from your music without having to break the bank – or break your new record player while trying to work out how to use it, if it’s too complex!