When it comes to making the most from your vinyl records, you want to make sure that you have purchased the best turntable that you can afford. However, finding top quality turntables for your budget can sometimes be tricky – we get it, and that is why we have made it our goal today to provide you with a list of the top 5 turntables under $500 so you can be confident that the quality of your vinyl records will be retained when using your new turntable!
Table of Contents
Top 5 Turntables Under $500
Pro-Ject T1 Phono SB Turntable with Built-In Preamp and Electronic Speed Change
- Tonearm and cartridge completely setup at the Factory for simple installation at home
- 8mm thick bead-blasted glass platter
- Premium mechanical parts used throughout for smooth, precise playback of records
- Precise, electronic selection of 33 1/3 and 45 RPM playback Speed
- Built-in, bypassable phono preamp for connection to any audio system
Priced at $399, this model is one of the mid range options on our list of the top five turntables for under $500, but is a great option for many people! The model is simply designed and so will fit into most properties and aesthetics and comes in three different colors to further ensure that there will be one which suits your needs: black, white, and satin walnut.
The model uses an RCA connector and utilizes a built in phono preamp (bypassable, if this isn’t the thing for you) which allows it to be connected up with any type of audio system. The Glass platter is 8mm thick and has been bead blasted for maximum smoothness, meanwhile the turntable itself has been made with great care and attention to detail to ensure that it gives smooth audio quality and playback. It can run at two different speeds: 33 1/3 and 45 rpm.
This model has achieved an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars from over 75 past customers, and the model has also ranked as #104 in the Amazon rankings for audio and video turntables, making it potentially a great choice for you to consider.
U-Turn Audio – Orbit Plus Turntable with Built In Preamp
- Acrylic platter provides improved speed consistency and clearer more detailed playback.
- Ortofon OM5E cartridge with elliptical diamond stylus.
- Precision OA2 gimbal tonearm for accurate tracking and low distortion. Features internal anti-skate and adjustable counterweight.
- External belt drive eliminates motor noise and ensures speed consistency (33/45 RPM).
When it comes to top quality turntables, this is one which is a great option for many different reasons. The U Turn Audio Orbit Plus Turntable comes in a selection of five different colors in order to suit the intended surroundings: green, black, blue, white and red. It is also moderately priced at around $380, making it a good option for many people looking for a top quality turntable without having to overspend on the product. This turntable is also an Amazon’s choice product and has achieved an average of 4.7 out of 5 star ratings.
This model is suitable for a number of different types of vinyl lovers thanks to its ability to provide top quality audio without being overly complicated or techy. The model has a high performance turntable and features a Pluto preamp which can be directly connected up to either an amplifier or speaker systems. Moreover, the model uses a low resonance acrylic platter which further ensures that the audio quality of the system is premium and free from resonance. The model also uses a two speed belt drive system which allows it to play back vinyl at a speed of 33 1/3 and 45rpm.
Audio Technica ATLP5 AT-LP5 Direct Drive Turntable
- Manually operated direct-drive, high-torque motor with stable on-axis rotation at two speeds: 33-1/3 and 45 RPM
- Balanced tonearm with hydraulic lift, anti-skate control and adjustable counterweight for perfect performance
- Switchable built-in pre-amplifier enables connection to components with or without a dedicated phono input
- Anti-resonance die-cast aluminium platter with heavy rubber damping mat for balanced rotation and improved low frequency reproduction
- Equipped with a USB output for direct connection to a computer, and comes with PC- and Mac-compatible Audacity software to digitize your LPs
Audio Technica is one of the big names in the turntable world, and this model does the name proud. Priced at $450, it is the most expensive model on our list of the best 5 turntables for under $500, however, the features that it offers make it a worthwhile buy. The model offers two rotation speeds – 33 1/3 and 45 rpm – and uses a balanced, hydraulic lift tonearm and premium quality materials to ensure that all audio produced is clear and crisp.
This model is rated at 4.7 out of 5 stars from over 80 past customers on Amazon.
1ByOne Wireless Turntable HiFi System with 36 Watt Bookshelf Speakers
- [Moving Magnet Cartridge] The included high-quality AT Moving Magnet-type cartridge and stylus produces rich, warm audio and outstanding sound clarity. While an universal headshell allows users to change cartridges with ease
- [Bluetooth Connectivity] With Bluetooth functionality, you can pair with your Bluetooth compatible device like Android smartphones, tablets, PCs, USB-mp3 players and listen to your favorite music through the turntable’s speakers
- [Great Connectivity Options] Built-in switchable phono line and pre-amplifier allow to connect with the set of included speakers or your own externally-powered speakers via the dual RCA output cables
- [Solid Iron Platter & Adjustable Counterweight] The precision-manufactured iron platter is designed to reduce vibration for perfect stability and rotation, which brings high-fidelity playback to the next level. The adjustable counterweight produces smooth stylus movement better for skipping and distortion
- [Built-in USB Digital Output] Connect this turntable to your computer via the included USB cable and encode vinyl audio into MP3s for digitalized storage and playback on your computer, smartphone or tablet. Listen to your vinyls no matter where life takes you
When looking for a turntable that can make the most of your vinyl records, you want one that is both affordable and provides top quality audio – and with its included bookshelf speakers and quality audio capabilities, this model by 1ByOne is a great contender. Priced at just $260, the model is great thanks to the fact that this price also includes the speakers, and the premium quality materials used in its construction further contribute to the quality of the sound.
The model has achieved an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars on Amazon and is ranked at #25 on the Amazon Best Sellers list for the best Audio and Video turntables.
Audio Technica AT-LP120XUSB-BK Direct Drive Turntable
- Experience the high-fidelity audio of vinyl
- Direct-drive, DC servo motor with selectable 33/45/78 RPM speeds. Damped base construction for reduced low-frequency feedback coloration
- Fully manual operation featuring adjustable dynamic anti-skate control, variable pitch control with quartz speed lock, and balanced S-shaped tonearm with hydraulically damped lift control and lockable rest
- Convert your vinyl records to digital audio files by downloading and using the free Mac- and PC-compatible Audacity recording software (or software of your choice)
- Includes: USB cable, detachable RCA output cable (dual RCA male to dual RCA male), AC adapter, 45 RPM adapter, counterweight, felt mat, and removable hinged dust cover
As the top pick on our list of the best turntables under $500, there really is no other turntable that can offer quite the same standard of performance for the same price tag as this particular model. The Audio Technica AT-LP120XUSB-BK Direct Drive turntable is one of the most popular models in its class, and comes in both a wireless and wired form. It is priced at about $250 and has achieved an average rating on Amazon of 4.8 out of 5 stars from almost 2000 past buyers, with the model being the 24th most popular and highly rated product in the amazon best sellers rank for Audio and Video Turntables – going to prove just how popular it is.
This model comes in two colors and utilises a wide range of different features to ensure that playback quality and audio quality is phenomenal. There are different playback controls on the model which are easily accessible and allow for optimal customization of the music, while the balanced S shaped tonearm serves to automatically adjust the pressure to ensure good audio quality without scratching your record.
Turntables, as with all things in life, come in a widely varying array of different prices and this can make it hard for you to find a great turntable for the price that you desire! Indeed, with such a huge variability in terms of the price of different turntables, it is important that you know how to choose a great turntable for your vinyl records without breaking the bank – and today, we’ve listed our top 5 turntables for under $500 so you can enjoy a great audio experience without having to worry about breaking the bank!